What’s that– “I Love You?” Oh. Those three little words. Well, yes, I do love to hear those. But that well-known phrase is only the beginning. Here for your consideration are my Top Seven other three-word phrases. My Valentine has said each one to me at different times over the years and they have thrilled my heart…
7. In the kitchen, when I find myself in a desperate tangle with the oven door, potholders and hot dishes: “Can I help?”
6. When the phone rings after a long, hard day: “I’ll get it.”
5. When I suggest a solution to some problem: “Good idea; thanks.”
4. Checking my recipe for me: “…ungreased baking sheet.”
3. In the delivery room: “It’s a boy!” (“It’s a girl!” would have sounded just as good. As long as somebody finally made an arrival!)
2. After reading one of my magazine features that I especially liked: “This is good!”
And my #1 Top “Three Little Words…”
1. As we explored the amenities at a National Park campground: “It’s flush toilets…”
Blessing someone with your words costs nothing and can mean so much. What are your favorite words to hear from your significant other? Do tell!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for reading,