Brent has been my Valentine for over 35 years, my husband for the vast majority of those years. But I still love to hear him say those three little words.
What’s that– “I Love You?” Oh. Those three little words. Well, yes, I do love to hear those. But that well-known phrase is only the beginning. Here for your consideration are my Top Seven other three-word phrases. My Valentine has said each one to me at different times over the years and they have thrilled my heart…
7. In the kitchen, when I find myself in a desperate tangle with the oven door, potholders and hot dishes: “Can I help?”
6. When the phone rings after a long, hard day: “I’ll get it.”
5. When I suggest a solution to some problem: “Good idea; thanks.”
4. Checking my recipe for me: “…ungreased baking sheet.”
3. In the delivery room: “It’s a boy!” (“It’s a girl!” would have sounded just as good. As long as somebody finally made an arrival!)
2. After reading one of my magazine features that I especially liked: “This is good!”
And my #1 Top “Three Little Words…”
1. As we explored the amenities at a National Park campground: “It’s flush toilets…”
Blessing someone with your words costs nothing and can mean so much. What are your favorite words to hear from your significant other? Do tell!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for reading,
This post made me smile. Great idea. I especially like number one. I guess I would add, “I’ll do it” and “It’s your turn.”
Three little words for Jan and Brent, Happy Valentine’s Day and I appreciate you
Love and God Bless you
Such sweet words. Thank you for sharing. Love ya!
Love this one!! 🙂
Glad you like it, Judi… I bet you can relate, too!
I like the three little words “You are right,.” or its kissing cousin, “You’re right again!” 🙂 I don’t hear them often, and I can only speculate as to why.
Fun post! I love the picture of you & your hubby!
A favorite phrase “You look beautiful!”