Well, I did it! Following Rachel Anne’s “1-2-3” suggestion — and reporting back — as promised, I actually got our front-door wreath refurbished and hung up. I won’t give you the blow-by-blow, but I do have photographic proof…
Here is the wreath BEFORE refurbishing, just as it looked when I pulled it from its “lawn & leaf” storage bag. I had made the word “JOY” from a bike freewheel sprocket and wooden letters, and hung it from the spokes with some old gift-wrap ribbon. However, the hot-glue kept popping off. When I got the wreath out the “Y” was tangled in the holly and I found the “J” in the bottom of the bag.
Here is the new, improved wreath. This time I used more greenery, and stapled picture-hanging wire to the back of the “J” and “Y” so I could attach each letter to the spokes.
And finally, the finished product hanging from our front door:
…and to all a good night.
Thanks for reading,
PS: Of course I am linking up with Rachel Anne again, for some Company Girls Coffee.